incl. VAT plus shipping costs
PINASCO motor housing Master 2.0
The Pinasco motor housings are very high-quality replacement motor housings made of the finest die-cast aluminium. They offer not only very precise machining but also many special features that are especially interesting for tuners. In addition to the significantly larger sealing surfaces at the cylinder base and carburettor inlet, Pinasco also offers the housings as a version with diaphragm inlet. This intake technology, which has long been a standard in the automatic sector, offers even large carburettors a good passage for powerful breathing. Further reinforcements in the casting, a larger crankshaft bearing on the alternator side as well as the great scope of delivery round off the overall picture of the Pinasco engine housing.
The latest version (2.0) now has a modified shaft seal ring as well as a bolted end shield for the large crankshaft bearing on the clutch side. Pinasco indicates that the bearing can be changed from the outside (a corresponding tool for disassembly is unfortunately not available).
The housings are manufactured in two versions:
MASTER = SLAVE = MEMBRANE CONTROLLED
The housings correspond to the last construction state of the PX models from 1992 onwards (internal shaft seal for main shaft). The engine internals and ignition components of all 125-200cc models from 1982 onwards can be used. The components from model year 1984 onwards are preferable due to the improved and more stable gearbox and the more powerful alternator. The engine of the COSA models is also well suited as a donor engine. Their engine block is different on the outside, but uses the same internals as the PX models from 1992 onwards (note that the primary reduction ratio is shorter: 21/68 instead of 23/65).
Both versions have the same useful improvements:
*Our tip: Run sealed bearing and external shaft sealing ring with corresponding brake drum.
SPECIAL FEATURES ROTARY VALVE VERSION
- Extra large sealing surface over both engine halves, suitable for all intake ports
- Can be used as the 1st sealing surface:1 replacement for an original motor housing
SPECIAL FEATURES MEMBRANE VERSION
- Central, full-surface diaphragm inlet
- Incl. Membrane suction port, incl. Diaphragm in RD350 format (perforated 58x48mm)
- Intake rubber 360° rotatable, connection width carburettor= Ø34mm
- Rubber suitable for Keihin PWK28, Mikuni TMX27/30, Dell'Orto PHBH28/30, VHS24- 30
- No shaft for oil pump control cast in
- No bore for oil pump drive
The enclosed fitting bush for the auxiliary shaft must be inserted by yourself. The housings are intended for use with an electric starter. Therefore please use the fan impeller cover for E- starter models. Without E- starter, simply close the hole in the housing with our suitable sheet metal (7671454). If you want to use other gearbox components than those of the PX models from 125cc up, please check the auxiliary shaft axle for compatibility beforehand and modify it if necessary.
Please use high-strength screw glue for all studs. The cylinder studs do not have a one-sided oversize as is usual with Piaggio. Therefore, glue in the Pinasco cylinder studs supplied. When screwing in the cylinder studs, please make sure that any oil pump gearwheel that may have been fitted is free to move. We recommend to re-cut all threads and to clean them with compressed air.
The alternator-side crankshaft bearing NU205 is not flush with the engine housing.
It protrudes approx. 1mm in the direction of the crankshaft.
- rotary slide valve
- All stud bolts
- silent rubbers + washers for silent rubbers
- housing seals
- bushing for auxiliary shaft axis
- as above, additionally included:
- Intake manifold incl. diaphragm, intake rubber, gasket and small parts
- NOTE: No screws for fastening the intake manifold to the engine block are included (see: Accessories)